White wine, as we all know, comes from the fruit obtained from the vine.
The white grapes used primarily to produce this type of wine are spread throughout the world. There are several varieties distributed in many areas such as Chardonnay, Sauvignon or Riesling, among others.
In addition, other important indigenous varieties that can be found in specific areas such as the Verdejo, originating in the region of Tierras de Medina, south of the province of Valladolid, which is present in many of our wines D.O. Rueda.
White wine, besides being an excellent ally to combat the heat of summer, has numerous attributes beneficial to health, among which we can highlight the following:
- It is good for the heart: white wine, like red wine, contains reservatrol, an element that helps decrease the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- It facilitates the metabolism of fats and raises good cholesterol levels due to its content in polyphenols and other antioxidants (yes, this does not mean that you can stop doing sports …)
- It delays cellular aging and promotes longevity due to antioxidants from the grape (and if not ask George Clooney).
- According to some studies white wine improves eyesight and prevents the risk of cataracts, as long as it is a moderate consumption 🙂
- WINE = HAPPINESS (what more can you ask for!)
After all this … Who would not want to enjoy a good cold white wine in these hot days?
And is that … a summer without white wine, it’s not so summer.
Enjoy this summer of our fantastic white wines D.O. Rueda, designed to satisfy the most demanding palates.
- Fri Sanz Te: 100%v Verdejo
- Sanz Clásico: 70% Verdejo and 30% Viura
- Sanz Verdejo: 100% Verdejo
- Sanz Sauvignon: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Finca La Colina Verdejo cien x cien: Verdejo
- Finca La Colina Sauvignon Blanc: Sauvignon Blanc